Homecare Instructions Following Surgical Drainage
1. Rinse the area every 3 to 4 hours with a glass of warm salt water. (1/2 tsp. of salt in 8 oz. water). This is especially important after meals.
2. Use a moist heat pack on the outside of your face where swelling is present. Moisten a wash cloth under very warm tap water. (Do not use boiling water or heat in microwave.) Moist heat is more effective than dry heat from a heating pad or hot water bottle.
3. Take all of the prescribed antibiotics as directed until gone. Pain medication will be prescribed as necessary for the relief of pain.
4. Maintain your nutrition with plenty of liquids and softer foods such as yogurt, soups, and instant nourishment drinks like Ensure or Carnation Instant Breakfast.
5. Return to our office for follow-up care as instructed.